Friday 5 October 2012

Shadow and Reflected Light Study In Pastel

To compliment my studies of " Reflected Light " Page 30, I wanted to test myself with reflection on a less reflective surface (than glass or metal) . My Main motive behind this is that having decided to use Pastel for Assignment One, I feel that I need to gain more experience in this medium prior to starting the assignments, and so I have chosen a quite difficult subject in that of my daughter. This exercise has been invaluable in terms of confidence and getting used the medium I plan to use. 


I am very pleased with my first experience in Pastel, if I were to change anything it would be the colour of the paper,  maybe to a blue or pink, as through lacking knowledge of Pastel Opacity, I found it hard to get the right skin tone. I do like the reflection from the initial camera flash in the picture.


Original Picture


No comments:

Post a Comment