Monday 15 October 2012

Project Still Life (Page 34)

Early sketches of various baby toys, looking at different shapes and textures before attempting any compositions for the assignments. 


Cute looking Elephant Flannel : I enjoyed working on this piece but felt  I was taking too long to do just one sketch, this probably took me over an hour  (per sketch) so what I wanted to do, was speed up and be a more freer with my sketches.  

Probably not as tidy as the Elephant Flannel but I think I am too much of a perfectionist, treating drafts & sketches as main pieces and it is slowing me down. As stated, I have found one of my weaknesses is sometimes not getting the proportions right when rushed, but then again, I am happy not to have used an eraser, only ink.


My Point Of View of the cone
Initially for my Natural Forms Assignment, I thought of doing a display of shells, but  they proved to small to successfully create a display from and so I switched to fruit.

Interestingly, I think the course is making me observe and take notice more, as I just spotted an interesting shadow, cast over my sunglasses, so I did a reasonably quick sketch.





Basically, above is a couple of Still Life exercises but done at pace, considering that is the thing I am most concerned about. I am pleased that the proportions look correct and I quite like the Head Phones and wires coming from the modem.

No comments:

Post a Comment