Friday 11 January 2013

Study of a townscape using line P. 92

Study of a townscape using line P. 92


For this townscape study in line, I chose a clock tower in Burton on Trent.

Date: 4th January 2013, Time : Approx 2pm, Weather Conditions : Dullish and cool
Duration: 1hr



I decided to use quite a spaced out crosshatch technique for parts of this sketch, being that the building had layered tiled roofing which would suit the crosshatch and in terms of positioning the sketch, I wanted the clock tower to be slightly off center otherwise I would cut off some of the building to the lower left. Trees and bushes framed the building quite nicely and the perspective of the building was helped along by a street lamp and traffic sign each side of the road creating depth. I used stronger lines in the foreground for the road sign and curb and likewise, kept background of the building quite vague. In terms of shape, I found the building very useful, from the cube shape of the clock tower, to the triangles at various points of the building. The curved roads and circular flower bases added more variety.


No comments:

Post a Comment