Friday 11 January 2013

A Limited Palette Study From Your Sketches P. 95

A Limited Palette Study From Your Sketches P. 95

In this exercise, I chose three colours as a limited palette ( Orange, Black, white ) and decided to work from a photograph in this instance. I also decided to merge some of the components from previous sketches into this piece


I thought this sketch would help indicate some of the dark tonal values that I had to include in my Limited Palette Sketch and I think it did help to simplify things.


My partner and her daughter, walking along the marina. I thought these two figures would compliment the  limited palette sketch below, partly because this is a space in the bottom right of the picture and both figure incorporate colours of the limited palette, black, white and orange. 




Original Photo that I chose to do the Limited Palette exercise from. I think black, white and orange seemed like quite common colours throughout the picture so they seemed like ideal colours to use.



After originally completing this exercise, I was quite happy with how it turned out but since then, I think I can add a lot more tone to the picture, whether that is pressing more firmly with the colouring pencil or mixing black with orange in places. I think I can bring the foreground forward a bit more with some stronger colour so instead of replacing this piece, I plan to do a side by side, to see if I can improve upon how it currently stands.

No comments:

Post a Comment