Friday 11 January 2013

A Sketchbook Walk P.78

A Sketchbook Walk

Probably more of a sketchbook drive, as I went out in the car to do some of this exercise. I knew me and my partner had quite a busy day so I thought it would be a good way of making me sketch faster instead of falling into the routine of taking my time. As with the first sketch.



Initially, the plan was just to take a walk around the local area and I started with this sketch of the view outside the window but I could feel my pace slowing down, trying to draw a more accurate piece, defeating the purpose of the exercise, so after this sketch, I decided to carry on with this exercise (on the go). 






5 min sketch from inside the car. I chose this view because I have always been interested in the big tree opposite our flat, with the backdrop of the house. 







Another 5 min sketch. Its amazing that how many times I have been down this road, I have never really noticed the composition, how the road winds around the houses into the distance for example. Even at this point of doing the sketch, I knew I wanted to do a watercolour painting from my sketch.  




No comments:

Post a Comment