Friday 11 January 2013

Larger Study of an individual tree P. 99

Larger Study of an individual tree P. 99



A page from my sketchbook, showing some the trees I have come across, using a graphite pencil.



I thought I would try a more expressive style for this tree, using black ink and water, waiting for the ink to bleed and allowing the paper to dry, I then applied more ink that would be left dry to add details particularly in the foreground.







I took the photo below back in September 2012 as I knew this tree would come in handy at a later date. The light seem to filter through in a quite hazy pattern and the naturally draped foliage made me think that this would make a good watercolour painting. I worked wet on wet, but used charcoal for the crooked tree trunk. I manipulated the flow of the watercolour by tipping up the paper, in the direction that I wanted the leaves to go. 




No comments:

Post a Comment