Tuesday 20 November 2012

Negative Space In A Plant P 63

Negative Space In A Plant  P 63


Originally, I planned to draw the negative space of this picture in the window sill, as it created a good silhouette but it was a bit too far away and too impractical so I got the idea to draw the vase of flowers in low light in front of the TV. From my perspective, the detail of the flowers was completely silhouetted which I think helped me in drawing the space around the object and not the object itself.
     






It was quite an enjoyable exercise, not drawing the flowers and there was a point where I was worried that the triangles in the center would not match up to create the stem. I also found it interesting that as I continued down the page, instead of ending the picture, I began to draw the silhouette of the table at the bottom, and the onion popping out on the right,  but at the time it was how I saw the shape. Also since doing this exercise, I often look at objects in a different way, for example, I would stare at my hand, fingers outstretched but looking at the shapes the gaps between the fingers make so I guess this exercise has provided me with a different way of looking at things.

No comments:

Post a Comment